Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Using Music to Help Teach Children Spanish

I found a website that I just love and I wanted to share it with you all. It's called Mama Lisa's World. It has great Spanish music from all over the world. This link will take you to the music of South America. I love this site because it has the words in English and Spanish and it also has MP3 files of the songs. All of these together make for easy, fun learning. Here's a song from Costa Rica that I thought was really cute. You can even make rice pudding together before or after you learn the song. It would make for a great lesson.


Arroz con leche

Arroz con leche
Me quiero casar
Con una señorita
De la capital
Que sepa barrer
Que sepa limpiar
Que sepa abrir la puerta
Para ir a jugar
Yo soy la viudita
Del barrio del rey
Me quiero casar
Y no sé con quien
Con ésta sí
Con ésta no
Con esta señorita
Me caso yo
Cásate conmigo
Yo te daré
Zapatos y medias color café.

Rice Pudding

Rice Pudding,
I want to marry,
A lady
From the capital,
Who knows how to sweep,
Who knows how to clean,
Who knows how to open the door
To go play.
I'm the little widow,
From the king's borough,
I want to get married
And I don't know with whom.
With this one yes,
With this one no,
With this young lady
I'll be wed.
Marry me
I will give you
Coffee colored shoes and stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment